If yours doesn't do this, you may need to manually start the retune. The process is straightforward. While it may vary slightly depending on which device you have, it usually includes the following steps:
- Press menu on your box or TV remote control
- Select set up, installation, update, or a similar option. If you're asked for a password, the default code is 1234 or 0000.
- Select first-time installation (sometimes called factory reset, full restore or default settings).
- Press OK if your equipment asks if it's OK to delete existing channels, then your retune should start automatically
- If prompted, save the channels that are found.